It’s officially Fall, and you know what that means! Holiday themed drinks are coming! We absolutely love drinks that give a taste and aroma of the holidays. Mostly every coffee drink can be hot, or iced, according to your preference, or the weather! Here in Hawaii, the temperatures are warm year round. As much as I love hot coffees, there’s nothing as refreshing as a tasty iced one. Read below to view our Pumpkin Spiced Mocha Latte recipe. Happy Fall!
Pumpkin Spice Mocha Latte
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (homemade recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 shots espresso (or 2/3 cup strong coffee)
- whipped cream for serving
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- chocolate sauce for glass
Homemade pumpkin pie spice:
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, add the spice, pumpkin and honey. Cook while constantly stirring until it starts to simmer, about 45 seconds.
- Next, stir in the milk, vanilla, and chocolate extract. Bring to a slight simmer while constantly stirring.
- Next, use an immersion blender (or transfer the mixture to a blender carefully) and blend until frothy.
- Add chocolate sauce to the two glasses, and add the coffee or espresso. Chocolate sauce gives the glass a fun decorative look! Pour the frothy pumpkin latte mixture on top, and then top with whipped cream. Drizzle extra chocolate sauce on the whipped cream. (or you can add some spice on top!)
- Combine all ingredients, and store in an air-tight jar.
Well, happy holidays! We hope you enjoy this Pumpkin Spiced Mocha Latte recipe. Stay tuned for more drink recipes as we get further into the holiday season. Share your recipes below, or follow us on Instagram! 🙂